I’m a big lover of toast, whether it’s a plain piece toasted or sourdough piled high with food. Today I thought I would share with you some of my favorite recipes that I like to put on toast. These recipes are easy and go great with any time of the day.Morning Toast
Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter Toastis a great way to start off your morning. Not only will kids love this recipe but adults too. To make,
- toast your preferred bread
- thinly slice the apple, add peanut butter, apple, cinnamon, and granola(your favorite),
- For toppings feel free to add a sprinkle of pecans, walnuts, pistachios and/or a drizzle of Truvia® Nectar. Serve and enjoy!
Fig and Blackberry Toast is perfect for a brunch entrée and doesn’t require much.
- For the base you can use a cheese spread of your choice and add fresh figs and blackberry’s to the top for a nice taste.
Any time of the day toast
Smashed Blackberry and Goat Cheese Toastis great for any time of the day. Whether your a cheese lover or a fruit lover this toast has it all.
- For the jam you can use store bought jam or make your own with a little elbow grease. All you need to do is simmer the fruit with sugar and water until the berries burst, then mash slightly with a fork. Combine with cornstarch for thickness and tada- the perfect topping for your toast. I use this recipe all the time and not only is it easy you can also combine different fruits and make one of a kind jams.
- For the base I use Goat Cheese, then layered with blackberry jam, some fresh blackberries on top and a sprig of mint (for the look)
Cucumber Lox Toast, this is for all you fish lovers out there. This toast is perfect for a nice dinner time snack or for morning tea with friends.
- For the base layer I use Greek yogurt and chives (combined) or you can use cream cheese and chives(combined) , then I layer with thinly sliced cucumbers and smoked salmon.
Disclaimer: I use one type of toast when making these recipes so I am not 100% sure how they will taste on other types of bread.