Not only is this recipe Vegan but it’s also Gluten Free. I make this brown rice stir-fry with vegetables every single week. If you don’t like certain vegetables or they are not in season add any vegetables you want. This recipe has been life-changing and so simple to make. I used to make white rice with sauce and eat that so many times throughout the week. It was so unhealthy, but now I can make this very healthy recipe and feel great when eating it. I’m sure you’ll love it.
- 1/2 head Broccoli
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 handful Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Red Cabbage chopped
- 1/2 Zucchini chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce or general tso soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown rice (all rice unless stated is gluten-free)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- I tend to change this recipe every time I make it, sometimes I use carrots and asparagus instead of the red pepper and also sometimes add a quarter teaspoon of turmeric as well as using red and brown rice mix. Feel free to substitute any of the vegetable if you don’t like them and add your own, just keep the same measurements or add however much you want. If you don’t like brown rice you can use white rice or linguine noodles just FYI make sure these are gluten-free and/or vegan so you don’t accidentally eat those ingredients.
- Feel free to use other grains, veggies, spices or any other non-refined oil.
- To make an oil-free recipe, just cook the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley in some water or oil free broth. You could also omit step number 3 (look below for directions) use some garlic powder and cook it with the cayenne powder, parsley, veggies and rice for a few minutes.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne powder or add less.
- Cook the brown rice or white rice or noodle (whatever you prefer) according to package directions.
- Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring to a boil. Then add veggies (they must be covered by the water) and cook for 1-2 minutes over high heat. Drain the veggies and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley. Cook over high heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, rice and tamari or soy sauce or general tso soy sauce (what you prefer). Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Store the brown rice stir fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy this easy, vegan, gluten-free healthy recipe. If you have any questions about it feel free to leave a comment down below and I will respond. Also, if your new please follow my blog so you never miss a post! Have a good day.