I am a big lover of Mexican food so I thought it would be appropriate to share a few of my favorite taco recipes with you. These recipes are healthy meals that look and taste great! Today I am posting about my 3 must make taco recipes that you and your family will enjoy. Feel free to omit or substitute any of the ingredients if you do not like them, just make sure that 1. they will taste good and 2. you keep the same measurements. Since I am gluten-free I use gluten free wraps but you do not have to.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. If you have any questions leave a comment down below and I will respond.
For anyone who loves fish this taco is for you.
The Best Blackened Fish Taco: serves 6
If you do not have a grill, you can cook these completely in the oven. Just heat your oven to 400°F and watch closely as the fish cooks quickly!
- Juice of 1/2 limes
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1-2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 2 lbs sea-trout (or any white fish you like), cut into 1 inch thick fillets
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup seafood blackening seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Corn Tortillas (or what ever ones you prefer), heated
- Cabbage, shredded
- Limes, quartered (for serving)
- Fish Taco Sauce: Using your food processor or blender, puree all ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat grill to 4000°F
- Coat Cast iron skillet with olive oil. Place cast iron skillet in oven for 1-2 minutes to heat it up. Once heated, move to grill that has been preheated.
- Toss fish in melted butter. Using half of blackening seasoning, cover one side of fish. Place seasoning side down in cast iron skillet. Allow to cook for 2 minutes. During this time coat the side of fish facing up with the remaining blackening seasonings. Flip fish and allow to cook for another 2 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Fill tortillas with fish, cabbage, squeeze on a little fresh lime juice and finish them off with a drizzle of the fish taco sauce and enjoy.
I love chicken so much and after eating this taco you will fall in love with it as well. Not only is this is such an amazing recipe for you to make but your family is sure to love it as well.
Caribbean Chicken Tacos : serves 4
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 TBSP Caribbean seasoning
- 8 taco-sized soft flour tortillas
- 2 cups cole slaw (without dressing)
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion,diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 TSP garlic powder
- Prepare the salsa by combing all ingredients in a bowl and stirring well. Cover and chill until ready to use
- Slice chicken breasts into strips (or chop into bite-sized pieces) and place in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken with half of the Caribbean seasoning, stir, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning and toss to coat.
- Cook chicken in a large greased pan or skillet over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until cooked through
- To serve, fill each tortilla with cooked chicken, then top with cole slaw and Caribbean salsa. Serve immediately with fresh limes for drizzling if desired.
Who doesn’t love Buffalo Chicken Wings! But who knew that you could eat it in a quesadilla to!
Buffalo Chicken Tacos: 8 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 package Flour Tortillas (or what you prefer)
- 4 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- optional toppings:extra crumbled blue cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, thinly sliced green onions, fresh lime wedges
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the corn kernels and let them dry-roast for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until their edges begin to brown and caramelize. Remove from heat, and transfer the corn to a separate plate. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, toss chicken and buffalo sauce until combined. Set aside
- To assemble the tortillas, place your tortillas on a flat work surface. Portion the lettuce evenly between the tortillas. Then top each tortilla with an even portion of the chicken, corn and avocado. Drizzle each with the blue cheese dressing, then sprinkle on optional toppings if desired.
- Serve immediately.
If you want an extra spicy kick, feel free to drizzle the tacos with extra buffalo sauce.
I hope you enjoy these Taco recipes. I will be posting a part 2 of these recipes because I have some more delicious ones to share with you. If your new please follow my blog so you never miss a post. Have a good day!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?