Cauliflower crusts are all the rave these days. They’re made from vegetables and are a low-carb option for those looking to cut back. A few weeks ago I tried this crust to see what all the hype was about, and let me say…… DELICIOUS!!!!! I was very surprised at how good this tasted. I did not expect that at all because I have never really loved Cauliflower. If you are in need of a healthy crust to eat then try this.
Along with my honest review of the Cauliflower crust I thought I should also share with you a quick and easy cauliflower crust recipe. In a few days I will be posting about some toppings recipes for you to try, but this post is all about the crust.
Make delicious and healthy pizza crust from cauliflower! Low calorie and gluten free.
- 2 1/2 cups grated or ground cauliflower (use a food processor or cheese grater). If you have pre-made crust then disregard this recipe because this is a recipe for making the crust.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- kosher salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place cauliflower in a heat-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap with a few holes to vent. Microwave for 4 minutes, remove plastic, and stir to cool it off a little. Place cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer and use a rubber spatula to press cauliflower against strainer, pushing out any liquid. Use several paper towels and press down to absorb more liquid. You could also ring it out in a clean, dry tea towel.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Mix well and taste. Add salt to taste (I find depending on the saltiness of my Parmesan, I need a few pinches of salt). Add the egg and stir to blend completely.
- Press mixture out onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray. Press out to about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker. Keep mixture tight together and in an even layer. You can bake one large pizza or multiple smaller ones.
- Place pan in oven and bake until golden brown. My pizzas tend to vary in time so sight is the best indicator. Generally 15-20 minutes is a good time frame, and it should be starting to brown on top. Remove from oven, top with desired toppings, and return to oven to melt cheese, etc. Let rest for a couple of minutes and then slice and serve.
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower crust recipe. If you are new to my blog please follow me so you never miss a post. Have a great day!0