With all the rave these days about zucchini crust and cauliflower crust I thought I would do blog posts about them. I already did a blog post on a great cauliflower crust recipe, you can find this by going to “menu” at the top of the page > categories > food > and scroll down a few posts. I have also posted healthy pizza recipes that use these crusts, so when your done reading my crust recipe post you can go check this post out and maybe make some of these healthy pizzas!!! You can find my pizza post by following the same directions you used above except the “Healthy Pizza Recipe” post will be right at the top.
In this post I will be telling you a delicious and easy recipe to make Zucchini Crust. Enjoy 🙂
- 2 cups packed freshly shredded raw zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 °F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of zucchini remaining.
- Add zucchini, egg, cheese, pepper and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Dump zucchini mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, thin and spread out the batter so that it forms a round crust approximately 9 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and both sides are cooked. Flip over crust and bake an additional 10 minutes until top is crispy. Flip pizza crust back over.
- Lower oven temperature to 400°F. Add whatever pizza ingredients you desire to your crust. I did a layer of marinara sauce, followed by fresh slices of mozzarella, sliced bell peppers and fresh basil leaves. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Another topping recipe you could try is……..
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 4 large tomatoes, quarter
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano or dried (whatever you prefer)
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme or dried (whatever you prefer)
- 1 tsp salt
In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan, add the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt
Bring to a boil, breaking up the tomato. Lower the heat, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Once simmered, puree all of the ingredients in a blender
Top cooked crust (follow the directions above for cooking) with the sauce and add any additional toppings you want. I added, peppers, mushrooms, olives, minced garlic and some more cheese. I then put the pizza back in the oven for a few more minutes just to cook the toppings.
I used dairy free cheese on my pizza and it tastes amazing! So definitely if your vegan try this cheese or even if your not vegan try it! Dairy Free Cheese
Also, if you would like some more recipes to try on your zucchini crust then go check out my healthy pizza recipes. Go to “menu” → categories → food → and you will find the post (just scroll down a little).
If your new please follow my blog so you don’t miss any of my posts! I hope you enjoyed my zucchini crust recipe and if have any questions please comment down below and I will respond. Have a great day 🙂0