Nothing quite beats breakfast on a Sunday morning… guilt free hours of catching up on Netflix//relaxing in bed//reading a good book//or sitting outside listening to the birds. This is my favorite day of the week because not only is it not a day of doing tons of homework but it’s a great day to relax and enjoy.
One of my favorite things to do on Sunday is make a delicious breakfast, I enjoy so many foods and today I thought would be the perfect day to share them with you because for me Sunday & Food just go hand in hand! Below find three easy and delicious breakfast favorites that are perfect if you’re in a hurry or if you feel like cozying up on the couch.
This is recipe for Classic Eggs Benedict, topped with homemade Hollandaise, is the perfect Sunday morning Brekkie! Rise and Shine!
- 4 slices of bacon (if you do not like bacon you can use avocado, turkey bacon, smoked salmon, prosciutto, or ham)
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted (looking to make homemade muffins check out these great recipes Whole Wheat English Muffins or Classic English Muffins or Gluten Free English Muffins or you can go with the store bought ones that taste amazing and save tons of time)
- 4 eggs, poached (never poached eggs before, check out this great Beginners guide on how to poach eggs How to Poach Eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce ( I will be including a recipe link for this, I use this recipe all the time and it is super easy and tastes great! The link I will provide you with also has a recipe for the rest of this dish, If you prefer you can use her dish recipe or you can use mine.)
- Garnish – fresh dill or parsley
- The sauce – Hollandaise Sauce
- Brown Bacon in a skillet, if you are using turkey bacon, ham or prosciutto follow this same step but if you are using avocado skip this step.
- Plate English muffins cut side up. Place two slices of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin half, top with poached egg. Drizzle warm Hollandaise Sauce over the egg(s)
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill or parsley, (optional) and if you are not using bacon and instead are using avocado this is the time to place your cut up avocado on your eggs.
Tips- to make this recipe even more quick, prepare your homemade muffins the night before (If your making you’re own, if not then skip this step) as well as your bacon and sauce and then warm the morning of. I would not recommend storing your sauce and bacon for more than one day.
Ever wake up in the morning and have a major sweet craving? Whenever this happens I make these amazing sticky buns that are bites of heaven. This recipe does take time to make so if you’re in a rush I suggest making these the night before and then warming them up in the morning.
This is a classic recipe for sticky buns that go great with a cup of hot Joe or as a late night snack.
- 2 cups of warm milk, 110°F
- 1 oz active dry yeast
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 2 lbs butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- confectioners’ sugar
- Mix milk and yeast, and let stand for 3 minutes
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom, and 8 tablespoons butter in a mixer with dough hook, and mix for 3 minutes.
- Add the yeast milk and mix well
- Mix in eggs and egg yolks
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 380°F
- Roll out dough to a large rectangle, and 1/4 ” thick.
- Smear butter on 2/3 of the dough and sprinkle with rest of the sugar
- Roll up to a long sausage and cut in into 1″ thick slices.
- Place the slices on a parchment paper covered baking tray and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Mix confectioners’ sugar and water until a thick glaze forms. Drizzle over the buns while warm
- Add pecans or nuts -optional
- Serve and enjoy or if your making these the night before then wait till they have cooled down, cover them up and in the morning you can warm them in the oven and enjoy. To warm them just put the oven on the “warm setting” and keep checking them because the warming time varies. You can also whisk up some glaze the morning of and drizzle that over them so you have a fresh glaze taste.
The Best Pancakes Ever Recipe
This recipe is easy to follow and makes the best homemade pancakes. These pancakes are light and fluffy, with just a hint of sweetness, but not to much that you can’t still drown them in delicious maple syrup! I know many bloggers have a bad rap for saying “The Best Ever” but seriously NO JOKE these are the BEST! I have made these for my friends and family and they are amazed, and you will be too 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 taps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, set aside, if you don’t have a microwave don’t fret because you can easily melt the butter in a pan on the stove. Put you stove burners on a medium setting and put your butter in the pan, make sure the butter doesn’t boil because that’s not good.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir milk and egg together
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture
- Pour the butter and milk mixture into the well. Seriously do this, it makes a big difference in how your pancakes turn out.
- Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until combined. It will be slightly thick and lumpy, but should be well incorporated
- Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown
- Add butter, cinnamon, strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream and syrup – optional
- Serve Warm and Enjoy 🙂
Thank you so much for visiting my page and I hope you enjoyed these breakfast ideas. In the coming weeks I will be posting tons of Fall, Halloween and Christmas posts so make sure you follow my blog so you don’t miss them. If you are looking for more of my recipes then go to the “menu” tab at the top of the page → select categories → select food→ and you will see all of my posts relating to food.
Have a great day 🙂
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?