Being too cold this winter is a thing of the past with these cold weather hacks. From tea remedies to energy savers you’ll find an idea that will have you feeling warm in no time!
If the cold weather air is getting you down try these hacks that will definitely pick your spirits up! Some of these hacks have even been tested and tried in my house and me and my dad love them! I personally am a Winter lover so I never feel down during those negative 2 days and even if you love the Winter these hacks are just nice to have if you are sick or are looking to save some money!
I hope you enjoy them:)
Fight off the common winter cold and flu the natural way
- Grape Seed Extract – provides antioxidants that boost your immune system! Put 5 to 15 drops in a small cup off juice. If using capsule, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily. NOTE: Grapefruit Seed Extract should not be used during breastfeeding; also use caution if giving it to a child.
- Catnip Tea- this is a really great home remedy for bring down a fever. I buy my catnip in bulk and brew it in a tea bag or strainer.
- Hot Salt water- this may sound gross but trust me this really helps draw out the bacteria and provide a bacteria fighting environment
- Apple Cider Vinegar- to help your body fight infection, cut through phlegm and ease a sore throat, sip a mixture of hot water, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. I am a big fan of this remedy.
- Sinus Tea- brew black, green, or herbal tea. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon raw honey, and juice half of a lemon. Mix well and drink tea as hot as you can to loosen mucus and soothe a sore throat.
NOTE: I did my research on these tea remedies before sharing them to make sure they were okay with you but I suggest if you have any questions or concerns to ask your Doctor.
How cute are these mittens!!! The answer is very cute 🙂 and isn’t it nice knowing that these are recyced and homemade! I guarantee you will love these and your family also. They also make great presents for the Holidays and Birthdays
You won’t have to worry about staining your shoes this Winter if you use this hack! Your canvas shoes will be Winter ready as long as you follow this easy tutorial on how to waterproof canvas shoes with wax
This hack will not only help you save money and electricity but will also add some heat to your home. It is also a great way to decorate your house for the Hoilday’s or create a nice relaxing space.
I can speak from experience when I say that biking in the winter can be a disaster so I opt to not bike 🙁 BUT….. with this hack you won’t have to worry about the slippery roads!
If you’ve got a wall-mounted radiator or heater, use this hack! This will help reproduce the heat into the room. Be careful mot to use anything else that can cause a fire!
The screws will help you with not slipping on the icy ground in the morning (that really hurts).
8. If your car gets stuck in the snow, try putting kitty litter under the tires to gain some traction.
9. To help clean the bottom of your car, run a lawn sprinkler under it for 30 minutes on a warmer day.
10. Make your own winter windshield washer fluid from 2 quarts rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon dish detergent.
11. Spray your car windows with a 3:1 vinegar/water mixture. This will keep ice from forming on your windows (though you will still have to remove the snow).
Here is a link that will show you so many other hacks to help you in Winter, here is where I also found some of the hacks I included in my post!
I hope you enjoyed the cold weather hacks I posted about today. I will be posting about so many things related to Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas so make sure you follow my blog because you don’t want to miss them! Also, if you have any questions leave a comment down below and I will get back to you 🙂 Have a great day!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate this post!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!