Hello to all of my readers! This week has definitely had its ups & downs, 1. I hit 100 followers on my blog, and 2. I have a mix between the stomach bug and flu, it’s as nasty as it sounds. So for the past 4 days all I have been doing is watching Criminal Minds, sleeping and making crafts 🙂 When I don’t feel good I love to sit down at my crafting table and make art. So as you probably can imagine these past few days I have been making tons of Valentines day decor.
For todays post I will be sharing with you the Valentines day decor that I am making.
Heart Felt Valentines day trees
Buy a styrofoam cone, I bought mine from Michael’s
- Cut out hearts in felt (I used dark pink and light pink felt color) (I bought the felt from Michael’s)
- Glue the hearts on the styrofoam (I used hot glue)
- Buy or make a heart topper (I purchased mine from Amazon)
(click the link above for tutorial)
Ombre Yarn ‘L.O.V.E’ letters – you can never have too much LOVE during Valentines Day ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
- I bought the wooden letters from Michael’s and different colored yarn from there too.
- Then I just wrapped the letters in the yarn switching colors every so often.
- I had my friend help me with this because it does take some time.
Glitter ‘XO’ letters – this is such an adorable decoration, a little messy when making but the end result is worth it.
- All you need is wooden or styrofoam XO letters, I bought mine from Michael’s but you can also buy them from Amazon.
- Cover your letters with modge podge, you can make you own or buy it from Michael’s
- Then once your letters are fully covered with modge podge roll them in a pan full of red glitter. I found it easiest to buy 5-6 big tubs of red/ pink glitter and then spread it out in a giant pan then dip the glue covered letters in it.
Love Note Pillows- What an adorable way to hide a present or ring (wink). Also by using a sharpie/ fabric pen you can write your favorite poem or song on the fabric.
Mantel Ideas for Valentines
Budget-Friendly Valentines Mantle – Learn how to decorate a beautiful mantle for Valentine’s Day on a budget! Step-by-step tutorials are included for a book page banner and a heart bouquet.
Decorated Shelves for Valentines Day – These festive shelves are so adorable. They add just enough of Valentines day BLING to your mantel.
Birch Tree decor – This is a very simple mantel decoration, it is unique and a great project for you to do with your family. You could also use this as a table center piece, or drill holes into the wood and add some fake candles. DO NOT USE REAL ONES!
- All you need is birch wood, I picked mine up from around my house because we have these trees where I live but if you went to a lumber yard or even a craft store they should sell it.
- Take a sharp knife and carve into the wood and then tie some twine and hearts around the top & bottom for a finishing touch.
- I bought most of my supplies from Michael’s and the supermarket.
- I took pink & dark pink colored hearts (different sizes and glued them in order of decreasing size on the jars. (You can look at the picture below for a more detailed tutorial)
- Then I wrapped dark pink & light pink string around the jars and then knotted it. (I found this at Michael’s)
- The hearts on a stick I also found at Michael’s (pre-made).
- Then you can fill your jars with candy 🙂
Have a great day ♥♥♥♥
Credit: I found all of these decoration ideas on Tip Junkie0