Hello to my readers. With only 1 week to Fourth of July I wanted to share with you another meal post. My last post was Fourth of July vegan meals so I thought it’s only fair to share non-vegan dishes. But don’t worry because I didn’t forget those who have celiac because Friday’s post will be gluten-free fourth of July dishes.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place bottom crust in pie pan. Set top crust aside, covered.
- In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet–in case of drips!
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool for several hours before slicing.
- 5 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon Montreal-style steak seasoning, divided
- 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 bottles barbeque sauce or more to taste
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- Season pork roast with half the steak seasoning and place in the center of a slow cooker. Layer about half the pork rib meat around pork roast and season with about half the remaining steak seasoning, paprika, and chili pepper. Layer the remaining pork ribs in the slower and season with the remaining steak seasoning. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Slowly pour water over pork, being careful not to wash away the seasoning.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours. Transfer meat to a roasting pan; remove and discard any bones and large chunks of fat. Shred pork with tongs or forks.
- Drain and discard liquid from slow cooker; wipe away any remaining fat. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and add about 1 1/2 bottles barbeque sauce. Stir. Continue to heat on Low until ready to serve. Serve with remaining 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce.
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, red onion, green pepper, red pepper and celery. Mix in the mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the cooked macaroni and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve cold.
LIGHTENED UP 7 LAYER DIP
- 1 Can (14 oz.) Non Fat Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Hummus
- ½ Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Jar (16 oz.) Chunky Red Salsa
- 1½ Cups Pico De Gallo
- 1½ Cups Guacamole
- 1 Cup Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Optional Flag Topping:
- Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- In an 8 x 8 pan, spread the refried beans in an even layer. In a bowl, combine the hummus and half the package of taco seasoning. Mix well. Spread the hummus evenly on top of the beans. Top evenly with remaining layers starting with the chunky salsa and ending with the guacamole. Top with cheese and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Serve with your favorite chips!
- Optional Flag Topping: Place a handful of black beans in the corner of the dip on top of the guacamole. Shape them into a square. Place the cherry tomato halves in a few straight lines alternating with lines of cheese in between.
These are not my recipes or pictures, I found them online to share with you.
Thank you for reading todays post. If you have any questions leave a comment below and I will respond. Also, if you are new please check out my other posts and follow my blog and join me on my blogging journey! Have a great day 🙂
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate this post!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!