Today all of you are in for a treat! Usually I do 3 posts a week, recipes, hacks, decor and other ideas, but for today’s post I am going to combine recipes, hacks and decor all into ONE post! I will include 3 ideas for each topic and if you enjoy these posts give this post a like or comment 🙂
Who else loves Fall? I DO! It is my second favorite season, sorry but Winter is #1. But that does not mean that I don’t go all out for Fall. Come into my home and you will find festive oranges, yellows, greens, purples, and reds covering my home, and room. I love to decorate, and bake. Fall baking is superb! You can make so many delicious recipes, Mmmmmm warm apple pie, cinnamon rolls and my absolute favorite PUMPKIN PIE! I do have many allergies but that does not keep me from baking delicious sweets and of course, eating them, and hopefully some of the recipes I am sharing with you today, you can make, as well as use some of these decor ideas 🙂
If you are new to my blog you can read all about me here and if you want to be kept informed as to when I am hosting giveaways, extra entires into them, my weekly newsletter, and so much more then join my mailing list. You can do this by searching my blog “diylifestyle.co” and a tab will appear at the top, hit subscribe, enter your email and you are good to go!
ENJOY todays post 🙂
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups apples – peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and melted butter; press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix at medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla; pour filling into the baked crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the cinnamon-sugar with the apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese layer and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes. With a knife, loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Chill cake before serving.
I found this recipe on all recipes
Fall Herb Butter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/4 cup minced, lightly packed, mixed herb leaves such as parsley, thyme, sage, or marjoram (about 4 to 5 sprigs)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place butter on a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into a log and twist the ends of the plastic to seal. Place butter in the refrigerator to harden, or use soft as a spread.
I found this recipe on chowhound
Hacks for the Fall
READ: For all of these hacks in order for you to find out more information about them click the title next to the number and that will bring you to a link. Ex: for #1 you would click on the title “how to make pumpkins last longer” and it will bring you to a site, all of the other hacks are the same, except for the third one. That one has no link.
Want to make pumpkins last longer so you can save money? Then click!
It is so much fun to bring in Fall leaves and incorporate them into a cool decoration or make them into bookmarks, but sadly the leaves don’t last very long. Well no need to fret anymore because with this hack you will be the only house with Fall leaves in December.
3. Halloween Cheese Tray
Throwing a party? And looking for a funky way to spook up your cheese, then try this hack !
Fall Decor Ideas
Below find 5 pictures of different set ups you can incorporate into your home this Fall season. If you want DIY Fall home decor then click the link.
This is such a gorgeous way to decorate and spice up your mantel or ledge. You can buy the wreath at Christmas tree shops along with the pumpkins.
Looking for a simple yet festive Fall statement? Well here you go. This is a surefire way to bring attention to any room in the house all while keeping it very simple.
Here is a simple table centerpiece idea. You can find the pumpkin at Christmas tree shops along with so many more table center piece decor. That store is the best place to buy decorations for any Holiday or Season. If you are looking to make the flowers you can buy all of the parts separatly at the Dollor Tree. Although the colored fake flowers they sell their are slighly different they still look very Fall.
I recently recreated this look on our bench in the house and……….. I LOVE IT! It came out so great and it recieves so many compliments. I found the slip cover “AUTUMN” on Amazon along with the tan colored pillows. The garland and pumpkins you can buy at Michaels, Christmas tree shops or the dollor tree.
This is by far my favorite decoration. It is such a beautiful statement and way to decorate any banester. A tip to keep the the garland and lights up without falling down is to use zip ties and attach them to each end of the garland and then tie them. I love this hack and it works all the time.
Thank you so much for reading todays post. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions comment below and I will respond. If you are new to my blog welcome and I hope you enjoy my content. Have a wonderful day everyone and a quick reminder that I will not be posting Friday or Monday.