Hello readers, and HAPPY FRIDAY! Another week in the books and another week closer to summer vacation. Yes yes I know. Summer vacation? There is such a long time till it, I know, but I have so many fun and exciting things planned so I cannot wait for it!
Today I will be sharing my own granola recipe. After years of eating out of the box granolas with tons of sugar in them I finally sat down and created my own granola recipe. As many of my readers know I am gluten free, dairy free and sugar free (added sugars), which basically translates to paleo. I have been eating the paleo way for the last few months, although I have been gluten free for many years due to my allergy to it. Eating paleo is a really great lifestyle that does not deprive you of certain nutrients like some other diets might. The paleo way of eating is very clean and delicious! Since becoming paleo I have been opened up to so many new recipes that I cannot wait to share with everyone! 2019 is the year of cooking. 🙂
If you are new to my blog then you can read all about me by clicking the “about me” tab at the top of my blog. Also, I have a newsletter that if you sign up for you will receive emails with my favorite recipes, hacks that I love to use and so much more!
Lastly, I have a few more exciting pieces of news which will hopefully be announced very soon. I just have to finalize things since this was such a big project I undertook.
Now without further ado, Enjoy today’s recipe!
This recipe will make about a weeks worth of granola for me.
- 3 cups of trader Joes gluten free oats (or your own brand)
- 1 cup of almond slivers (you can add more or less than 1 cup depending on your preference, I buy mine from Trader Joes)
- 1 cup of raisins (make sure they are 100% natural and have no added sugars, I buy mine from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup dry white quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Cinnamon (I add enough to cover the granola)
- about 1/4 cup raw natural honey (This measurement is an estimate, I usually drizzle it all over the granola when it’s on the baking sheet. I drizzle enough to make a light coating over the granola + added ingredients)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- additional toppings you may want (whole almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, dried fruits to add after baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle your granola onto a baking sheet and make sure to spread it out
- Add your almond slivers, raisins, dry quinoa, chia seeds, cinnamon , and any other toppings you want
- Mix the dry ingredients with a fork or spatula right on the baking sheet
- Pour your honey over it along with the coconut oil and any other wet ingredients you want to add.
- Then take your fork or spatula and combine everything so it is mixed.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until you have the crunch you want. I prefer my granola a little less crunchy so 15 minutes is perfect for me.
- To store your delicious homemade granola I use a plastic baggie then every morning I take out my coconut yogurt, sprinkle some granola on top, and finish off with fresh fruit and ENJOY 🙂
This is my recipe, I did not find it on another site.
Thank you so much for reading today’s post. If you have any questions leave them below or contact me via the “contact” tab at the top of my blog.
Have a wonderful Friday everyone, have a wonderful weekend. And I will see you Monday for another post!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?