Who else loves tacos? I am pretty sure everyone does! They can be made simply with just some eggs and bacon or can be piled high with veggies and meat. You can really put anything you want into a nice soft tortilla shell or gluten free wrap, that’s the beauty of tacos.
If you are in the mood to try some new recipes this coming Spring, at your dinner table or at your next social gathering, then you are in the right place. So, come on folks, get your aprons on, and let’s get cooking.
Mexican Fish Tacos with a Creamy Slaw
For the batter:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup flour
- Tsp salt
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 cup light beer
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound white fish
- Salt, pepper, and flour
- 12 warmed flour or corn tortillas
- ½ cup crema or sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage, a mix of red and green
- 1 ½ cups of olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seed
- 2 ounces chipotle chiles
- Tbsp brown sugar
- Tsp salt
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- Make the batter by mixing the eggs until stiff. Combine the salt, flour, and cumin, and whisk in the beer. Fold the flour mix into the eggs.
- Next, cook the fish by pouring oil into a skillet and heat over medium heat for about five minutes. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Press each filet in some flour and place on a plate. Cook fish in oil until crispy. Place on a cooling rack.
- To make the slaw combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. For the salsa, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, peanuts, and garlic. Cook until colored. Add in the chiles and sesame seeds. Transfer to a food processor and add in the salt, sugar, and vinegar. Mix until smooth. Serve over the fish tacos.
Chicken Chili Tacos
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 12 taco shells of any type
- Put the chicken into a crockpot along with the cumin seeds, lime juice, garlic, and pico de gallo or salsa. Stir to combine the ingredients together. Cook on high for three hours or on low for six hours. Allow the chicken mixture to cook and then scoop out the chicken using a large slotted spoon. Shred the chicken. Stir in some of the juice from the pot and then top off with the cilantro.
- Place the chicken, the taco shells, and any desired fixings such as sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. on the table and let everyone create their perfect taco. This recipe is simple and can be enjoyed any night of the week.
Beef Tacos with Cilantro Salsa Verde
- 5 pounds of short ribs, Korean style
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Tbsp oregano
- Tbsp lime juice
For the salsa:
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 freshly stemmed jalapeno chiles
- Corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Avocado slices
- Place the beef strips in a baking dish and then drizzle with some olive oil. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and then add in the lime juice and oregano. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat a grill and cook the ribs over high heat. Char on each side. For the salsa, combine the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve the meat on a platter along with the salsa verde, avocado, lime wedges, and the corn tortillas.
Vegetable Breakfast Tacos
- ½ cup of any type of vegetable such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, corn, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces shredded cheese
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- ½ cup of avocado slices
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Place the vegetables in a pan with some oil and heat up over medium heat until warmed. Scramble the eggs in a bowl with some water or some milk. Add the eggs to the pan with the veggies and cook over low heat. Stir constantly until the egg curds are set. Add in some salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and then add in the cheddar cheese until it is melted.
- Warm tortillas by cooking them for 20 seconds on each side. Divide the eggs and vegetables among the tortillas and top each with fresh herbs such as cilantro and scallions. Add some avocado and some dashes of hot sauce.
Slow Cooker Carnitas
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Tsp oregano
- Tsp cumin
- Tsp chili powder
- 5-pound boneless pork shoulder
- A large red onion sliced
- 3 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Tortillas and toppings for serving
- Combine the oregano, salt, and chili powder in a bowl. Rub the spice blend over the pork. Line the bottom of a crock pot with the garlic and onion. Add in the freshly squeezed orange juice. Place the pork over the juice mixture. Cover and cook on high for four hours or on low for eight hours.
- After the pork has cooked remove it from the crockpot and transfer the pieces to a baking sheet. Pull the pork apart until it is in chunks that are bite-sized. Serve the pork with tortillas and all of your favorite taco toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa etc.
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- Tbsp vegetable oil
- One onion cut into slices
- One red and green pepper sliced
- A dozen eggs
- ½ cup cream or milk
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra toppings such as salsa, hot sauce, avocado, and cilantro
- Cook the refried beans to a small saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir frequently. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and the peppers. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables until they are softened. Remove from the pan and set aside. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add in the milk and season with some salt and pepper. Cook eggs in the skillet, scrambling them.
- Layer the tortilla shells with the beans, eggs, vegetables, cheese and any of your favorite toppings.
I found these delicious recipes on simple tasty.recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?