When I first started trying raw vegan foods I was wary because I am not a huge fan of dates, even my dad seemed a little skeptable. But boy was I wrong! Once I started experimenting with adding different ingredients I quickly fell in-love with all things raw vegan. Now you may ask, “so are you going to become raw vegan.” As much as I would love to I enjoy chicken, and carrot cake (recipes coming soon) too much. Everything I do create is paleo so that is a start but for now I am sticking with the paleo way.
The main ingredient when making raw vegan deserts is dates. There are so many ways you can eat them; covered in chocolate, dipped in cinnamon and sugar spices, fried, or in today’s case, covered with pistachios and blended with almonds (a healthier version compared to the other ways 🙂 ). Over these past few weeks I have been working very hard to create the perfect raw vegan pistachio bites to share with you and I think I did a pretty good job. Not only are these the perfect way to end your night but they are also packed full of nutrients that are good for your body.
The best kind of desserts are the ones that taste amazing, look wonderful and are great for ourselves.
ENJOY today’s post 🙂
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup peeled almond slivers, I buy mine from Trader Joe’s (you may need to add more if your blended dough is too sticky)
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted pistachios, (you can use roasted and salted if you prefer those because some people don’t like raw ones, but keep in mind that this recipe will not be raw vegan anymore.).
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp – 2 tbsps cinnamon (I like the taste of cinnamon so I use a lot (2 tbsp), if you don’t then use less (1 tbsp)
- dash of salt
- slightly less than 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- blender – I use the NutriBullet
- Take out your blender, I use my NutriBullet, start by adding in 10 dates to the blender container, then 1/4 cup of almond slivers, 1 tsp of almond extract, 1 tbsp of cinnamon (use less if you don’t like cinnamon or omit and put a different flavor in that you prefer), dash of salt, and slightly less than 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
- Blend until everything is combined and sticky dough forms
- Sometimes depending on the size of your dates the dough can be too sticky so if this is the case add a little more of the almond slivers until the dough is sticky but workable.
- Once everything is combined take dough and start working it into balls – mine are about as big as a large spoon. Repeat with rest of the dough
- Once all the date balls are made take 1/2 cup of pistachios and put them into the blender (make sure to wipe down the blender container if using the same one). Once all the pistachios are broken down, take your date balls and roll them in the pistachio powder/grains.
- Make sure to nicely and completely cover the balls (see my picture)
- Place in the fridge overnight or for 3 hours before indulging in this non guilty and very healthy treat
- You can keep these up to 3 days but make sure to cover them if you plan to keep them for more than 1 day in the fridge. If you freeze them they will be fine for 1 week, but make sure to cover them so they don’t contract freezer burn.
Credit: This is my own recipe and my own pictures. If you want to use my recipe or pictures please credit me.
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining the DIY Lifestyle family! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab located at the top of my page.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Want more of DIY Lifestyle? Join my newsletter!
Visit my blog DIY Lifestyle and enter your email in the pop-up that appears. By doing this you are agreeing to receive monthly emails from me with updates taking place on my blog, news regarding my blog, upcoming posts, and any giveaways I may be hosting.
Have a great day!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate this post!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!