Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Cinco De Mayo and Star Wars day.
I was looking at my calendar last night when my jaw dropped. Mother’s day is this Sunday the 12th. I could not believe at how quickly it has approached and how unprepared I felt. I quickly put pen to paper and started jotting down DIY present ideas that I could create. Luckily I had eaten my Wheaties that morning so I was on my A game. I sat down and thought of 10 wonderful handmade gifts for mom. Five (5) of those ideas I am sharing today and the other five (5) will be up on Thursday.
If you are looking for adorable, fun, and easy handmade gifts to present your mom with this Mother’s day, then look no further. Below find lovely DIY ideas that you will enjoy making and your mom will love keeping.
Build your own Terrarium
One of my favorite things to look at when I am shopping is the plant section. It is full of so many colors, creations, and designs. This year instead of spending $8 or more on a store made terrarium build your own for $15 or under.
- Find green moss, place in an inch of water if it is brown in color- this will aid it in greening up. Put aside, the moss will be used at the end
- Find a glass bowl which you will use as your container
- Place about 2 -3 inches of gravel on the bottom of the bowl. This step is very important because it will allow the soil to drain instead of sitting in water.
- Add a layer of screen, mesh, or moss over the gravel.
- Then add dirt to fill less than 3/4 of the bowl.
- Choose your favorite plants to add-on top. My terrarium is not pictured but I used parsley, rosemary, and basil.
- For the decorations (again not pictured), I added small rocks, bits and pieces of the moss scattered around, and some seashells.
Lemon Honey Sugar scrub
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 TBSP organic honey
- 1/2 lemon
- Add the sugar, oil, and honey to a bowl and mix
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze, make sure no pits fall into the mixture.
- Add a little lemon zest to the mixture for a more lemony smell/ roughage.
- Stir everything together until combined and then add mixture to a small mason jar, cover and voila! Your present is ready!
365 reasons why I Love You jar
- Find a large mason jar, or a jar with enough room to fit 365 slips of paper.
- Cut strips of paper and start writing down lovely sayings/reasons why you love her/funny jokes/ or whatever you want to say to her.
- After you have written down your sayings fold the strips and put them into the jar.
- Now for the next year she will take a strip out, read the line and smile.
Handmade sunrise polymer clay earrings
- Polymer clay: red, orange, yellow
- 2 eye hook pins
- 2 hook earwires
- Take out your polymer clay, my favorite is sculpy 3. Use the colors: red, orange, yellow.
- Take a small block of each color and soften by kneading it between your fingers.
- Combine all 3 blocks of softened clay and start mixing the colors until they blend like shown in the picture.
- Once your colors have blended halfway (refer to picture), take a piece of your blended clay, flatten it down so it is a little more than 1/4 cm thick and about 4-5 cm wide, repeat with another piece of clay.
- Once your circles are formed cut a small hole towards the top of the circle.
- Then take a texturizing roller and roll your design onto the bottom of the circle
- Take one eye hook pin and insert it into the top of your circle, repeat with other circle.
- Take your hook earwires and attach to the eye hook pins.
- Bake your clay in the oven at the required temperature and the amount of time your clay package says.
Handmade leaf earrings
- Polymer clay: 1 block of leaf green color
- 2 eye hook pins
- 2 hook earwires
- Take out your leaf green polymer clay, cut a small block of it and soften by kneading it between your fingers.
- Once your clay has softened, flatten it to about 1/2 cm thick, and cut your leaf shape, repeat with another piece of clay.
- Then take a clay knife and carve a leaf design onto the top.
- Start assembling: Take one (1) eye hook pin and place it on the curved top of your leaf, repeat with other leaf (refer to picture for help).
- To attach the hooks, open the clasp on them and attach onto the eye hook pins.
6. Bake your clay in the oven at the required temperature and amount of time your clay package says.
Note: These are my own picture and wording, unless I credit the original owner, so if you use my pictures/ ideas on your site please credit my blog.
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining the DIY Lifestyle family! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab at the top of my blog.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Want more of DIY Lifestyle? Join my newsletter!
Visit my blog DIY Lifestyle and enter your email in the pop-up that appears. By doing this you are agreeing to receive monthly emails from me with updates taking place on my blog, news regarding my blog, upcoming posts, and any giveaways I may be hosting.
Have a great day!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate this post!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!