Calling all my paleo readers! Phoning in all my vegan friends! & Dialing my gluten-free life lovers! Who said only desserts doused in sugar, filled with gluten, and combined with eggs can taste good!? Today we are taking a giant leap into a healthier life with this delicious monkey bread. Not only is it filled with yummy goodness, but it is also 100% paleo, vegan, and gluten-free; so no need to worry about bloating from sugar, feeling sick from the gluten, or “cheating” on your lifestyle to consume non-vegan ingredients.
After weeks of working on this recipe I am very happy to announce that it is finally ready to share with the world. It combines the three most popular lifestyles (paleo, vegan & gf) and creates a healthier alternative to normal monkey bread. Which is the perfect dessert for any occasion that you and your family will fall in-love with.
Paleo, vegan, gluten-free monkey bread
The best part about this recipe is since it’s free from raw eggs you can nibble on the dough or lick the filling off the spoon without fear of catching a sickness. 🙂
- 4 cups gluten-free flour, use cassava flour for paleo version
- 1/2 cup vegan butter- I love earth balance soy free (or use your favorite paleo/vegan friendly butter)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup (my favorite is the light grade from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick vegan butter (or use your favorite paleo/vegan friendly butter)
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (add more for a stronger cinnamon taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease a cake pan with vegan butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- In a small pot, heat 1 cup of coconut milk + butter. Stir until completely melted, make sure not to burn.
- Slowly pour heated milk and butter mixture into the dough.
- Then add in the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk and all of the maple syrup.
- Mix and combine until a large sticky dough ball forms. Set aside.
Working on the filling:
- In the same small pot, heat together the butter and cinnamon until completely melted. Pour into a small bowl and whisk in the maple syrup.
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp sized balls and dip into your filling mixture, then place them into your cake pan. Repeat this with the rest of the dough going all the way around the pan and building the layers of the monkey bread.
- With your remaining filling pour it over the dough balls.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for at least 40 minutes, every oven and pan is different so around 30- 35 minutes start checking them to make sure they are not burning.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: to make this recipe fit your dietary needs feel free to change the ingredients to make them work for you. Comment below if you have any more questions.
This is my own recipe and picture so I ask if you share it on your website to please credit my blog.
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining the DIY Lifestyle family! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab at the top of my blog.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Want more of DIY Lifestyle? Join my newsletter!
Visit my blog DIY Lifestyle and enter your email in the pop-up that appears. By doing this you are agreeing to receive monthly emails from me with updates taking place on my blog, news regarding my blog, upcoming posts, and any giveaways I may be hosting.
Have a great weekend and see you tomorrow for another post!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?