Happy Friday everyone! And happy last ever Friday in High School for me! 🙂
Last night for dinner I made a very delicious dessert which received many compliments at the dinner table. As someone who cooks paleo and sometimes raw vegan, when I am complimented on a new dish, one which I have never made before, I take that compliment with open arms. I have been cooking & baking for many year now so I generally have a good sense when it comes to preparing food in the kitchen. But, occasionally I slip up and my meal quickly goes from hot to not in a matter of seconds. So, when I try out new dishes I always make sure to have a back-up, but to my happy surprise this dish needed no help shinning in the kitchen. It proudly stood on my counter waiting for my dad to have a slice, for me to taste the deliciousness which I just prepared.
Now you might be thinking, what is so difficult about this dish? When preparing raw vegan dishes, especially desserts, there is a chance the dish could not set correctly or even taste horrible, DUH DUH DUHHHH! One of the worst experiences is crafting a magnificent plate of yumminess only to have it turn out awful.
But, as you can probably tell, my dish last night turned out the complete opposite of bad, it was great! So without further ado, get your mixing bowls out, slip your chef hat on, and let’s getting cooking! ENJOY 🙂
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream- I used so delicious coconut creamer
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded orange carrots
- 1 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Frosting: soak the cashews in hot water for 1 hour. Rinse and drain. Add to a blender along with coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend until very creamy and smooth. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- Using a grater, grate the carrots and set aside.
- Add the pitted dates to a blender and blend until only small bits remain. It should be a ball form. Remove from blender and set aside.
- Add the walnuts, vanilla, salt, and spices to a blender and blend until a finely ground meal is formed. Then add dates back in, along with shredded carrots, and blend until a loose dough forms and carrots are incorporated. Be careful not to over-blend. You’re looking for a pliable dough, not a purée.
- Transfer dough to a large mixing bowl. Add coconut flour and raisins and stir to combine.
- Prepare a cake pan with parchment paper along the sides and add the cake mixture, spread and press down evenly to pack.
- Add the frosting: Pour the frosting on then place on a board (to keep level) and freeze for 3-4 hours or until the frosting is semi-firm to the touch.
- To serve, make sure the cake isn’t fully frozen so it’s soft enough to cut (letting it thaw on the counter for 30 minutes). Cut slices and enjoy. You can add more nuts, raisins, or other desired toppings
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month. You can let it sit out at room temperature up to 2 hours, but the frosting can begin to get soft.
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining the DIY Lifestyle family! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab at the top of my blog.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Want more of DIY Lifestyle? Join my newsletter!
Visit my blog DIY Lifestyle and enter your email in the pop-up that appears. By doing this you are agreeing to receive monthly emails from me with updates taking place on my blog, news regarding my blog, upcoming posts, and any giveaways I may be hosting.
Have a great day!
If you use any of my content from this post on your website please credit my blog.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?