Father’s day is only one week away! Which means I should probably start buying/making his presents. HAHAHA! But, the good thing is that although I don’t have presents yet I do have a kick awesome chocolate cake recipe to make!
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it is also paleo and dairy free friendly! I mean come on, can you find a better cake recipe, I don’t think so. So, why not try this one, it’s sure to live up to all of your yummy expectations.
Note: This cake does contain espresso powder so I suggest to not indulge too late at night. But, if you know that you won’t be eating it till later on then you can substitute decaf espresso powder. Shop it here
Time to make: 2 hours
Serves: 10 +
- This cake can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. When storing make sure to use a cake cover or gently wrap with saran wrap.
Cake dry ingredients:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp salt
Cake wet ingredients:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Paleo & dairy free chocolate frosting: This is not paleo but it can be make paleo by using paleo chocolate
The frosting I make is on the heavier side so if you prefer a lighter frosting then use your own.
- 1 bag of enjoy life chocolate chips – Shop them here (or your favorite vegan butter)
- 4 tbsp earth balance vegan butter Shop it here (or your favorite vegan butter)
- Paleo raspberry jam or you can use regular store bought jam
- 3 cake pans
- Parchment paper
- 2 frosting bags
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line your 3 cake pans with parchment paper so you can easily slip the cakes out and avoid breaking
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine
- Then add all your wet ingredients to a separate mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together for about 2 minutes to ensure no lumps
- Evenly divide the batter between the three cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Every oven & pan is different so be sure to start checking around 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean
- Once your cakes are out of the oven carefully remove the parchment paper and transfer to a cooling rack. Mine took about 20 minutes to completely cool
- While your cakes are cooling start preparing the frosting.
- Frosting: Empty the whole bag of chocolate chips and 4 tbsp of butter into a saucepan and melt. Be sure not to burn!
- Once frosting and cakes are ready, start assembling.
- Place cake slices on a board and cut out the center making sure that when you stack them the holes line up.
- Take one cut cake slice, fill the hole with jam, then apply a thin layer of chocolate frosting to the slice, top with layer of jam. Repeat this step with the rest of cake slices.
- When you reach the final cake slice now it is time to decorate.
14. Take frosting and frost the sides of the cake, then move to the top, put frosting into frosting bag and create little dollops of chocolate swirls, do the same thing with the jam until the whole top of the cake is covered.
15. Now you’re done, ENJOY 🙂
Thanks for reading today’s post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me either by leaving a comment below or via my ‘contact’ tab.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Did you know I have a monthly newsletter?
All you need to do is visit my blog & enter your email in the pop-up that appears. Then you will receive monthly emails which include blogging updates & upcoming posts, so you’ll be the first to know.
Have a great day!
If you use any of my content from this post on your website please credit my blog.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?