With Summer just about here something we all love to enjoy is a smoothie. I know I personally love to stop by McDonalds or my local market to pick one up. But since this year I vowed to spend less money I found myself unable to buy my favorite drink. It is such a healthy and nutrient dense way to start your morning off and is a great way to introduce some health into our lives. So, since my heart ached for the tasty fruit smoothie every morning, I decided to create my own.
This smoothie is the absolute perfect way to start off your day and is also the perfect addition to your cereal since it is on the thicker side. I personally love to skip the milk and instead throw some of my favorite homemade granola (my recipe linked below) on top. If you prefer it to be less thick then add more coconut milk.
To make for one person do a handful of each ingredient below & two handfuls of mango. If you are making it for more than one person then double the handfuls.
- 1 whole packet of frozen acai
- 1 banana
- frozen strawberries
- frozen blueberries
- frozen mango (put the largest amount of this in your blender)
- Optional- 1/4 cup spinach (you can omit this)
- coconut milk or use plain so delicious yogurt to make thicker
- However much smoothie you want to drink/ how many people you are making it for will determine how much of each ingredient you put in.
- When adding the coconut milk/ yogurt make sure all of your ingredients are in the blender, then add your liquid to half of your ingredients. Example: if your ingredients fill up to the 2 cups mark then do one cup of coconut milk/ yogurt. If you want your smoothie less thick then add more liquid till you are satisfied.
- Blend and enjoy 🙂 or you can throw some of my homemade granola on top for the perfect breakfast – My favorite paleo granola recipe EVER!!!
Thanks for reading today’s post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me either by leaving a comment below or via my ‘contact’ tab.
Want to be featured on my blog?
Tag me in your instagram photo or video of you recreating a recipe, hack or decor idea I shared on my blog. My blogs instagram: diy.lifestyle.co
Did you know I have a monthly newsletter?
All you need to do is visit my blog & enter your email in the pop-up that appears. Then you will receive monthly emails which include blogging updates & upcoming posts, so you’ll be the first to know.
Have a great day!
If you use any of my content from this post on your website please credit my blog.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate this post!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!